The following guidelines are effective on Monday, April 20, 2020:
- All vehicles will be checked at Grand Isle Welcome Sign / Jefferson Parish line. One ID per vehicle.
- Camp owners are allowed to enter the town; however, proper ID (property tax bill, utility bill or Entergy bill) is required to show proof of ownership.
- Residents/camp owners who are expecting immediate family visits must come to check point for the GIPD to allow the immediate family to enter.
- Upon entrance into Grand Isle, we are asking that you self-quarantine, leaving your home/ camp only for essentials.
- Access to the beach is by foot only. NO GOLF CARTS ARE ALLOWED ON BEACH OR ROADS.
- Out of town workers will need proof of employment that they are needed at work or a copy of building permit for out of town workers.
- Curfew is still in effect from 9 p.m. – 6 a.m.
- Those who do not follow rules are subject to arrest/fines up to $500.00 or transported to Jefferson Parish lock up in Gretna, Louisiana.
For questions, please call Grand Isle Police Department at 985-787-2104. For more information about grand isle, visit www.townofgrandisle.com.